Terms & Conditions
Nutrition Consultation Agreement Contract
By accepting and paying for your initial consultation the client agrees to the following with Camilla Elms Nutrition (CEN).
You will discuss and agree the support you require from CEN in your initial session, and review the progress and focus of your work together as you go along. You may decide to end your work together at this point or continue working together on a more ad-hoc basis.
The initial session is 90 minutes in length, and follow-up sessions last 60 minutes. Longer sessions, and more frequent sessions, can be negotiated if you require more intensive support. If you are late for an appointment the session will still end at the arranged time.
You are required to pay for sessions, which are missed or cancelled, with less than 48 hours notice. Please note we require payment before your scheduled session/s start. You will receive an invoice at the time of booking the initial consultation.
It is important that you attend sessions regularly. However, if you do need to cancel an appointment please let CEN know with at least 48 hours’ notice.
If you miss a session without prior discussion it will be assumed you no longer require the sessions and your contract will be terminated.
If you pay for a program or package deal and wish to cancel your follow up appointments after the first session, a 50% refund will be issued. If follow up appointments for a program or package deal are not used within 6 months from your initial appointment date no refunds will be given as it will be assumed you no longer require the sessions and your contract will be terminated. If you pay for an initial nutrition consultation prior to your appointment date and decide to cancel your appointment with less than 48 hours’ notice no refund will be given as a time in my calendar has been reserved for you making it unavailable for others.
Your confidentiality is guaranteed. Clients of CEN are confidential as well as all discussions had within clinic sessions. There are however, some limits and exceptions to confidentiality. If CEN has serious concerns about your personal safety, or the safety of another person normal confidentiality may be lifted.
Problems & Complaints
If you are having a problem with CEN, or the service, which you have not been able to resolve please provide written details of the concern.
Working on Skype, Phone & FaceTime
It is your responsibility to have a working internet connection for all Skype and FaceTime sessions. You will be charged for scheduled sessions if CEN is waiting for your call, but you are unable to connect online.
Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual's symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Nutritional therapists is not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions. Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with 'red flag' signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client's care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
The Client understands and agrees to the following:
- I am responsible for contacting my general practitioner (GP) about any health concerns.
- I give permission for CEN to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case: YES
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by my nutritional therapist (Camilla Elms). This is necessary because of any possible reaction or interaction between medication and the nutritional program.
- It is important that I tell my nutritional therapist (Camilla Elms) about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect the nutritional program.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy (CEN) program/food supplement doses/time period, I should contact my nutritional therapist (Camilla Elms) promptly for clarification.
- I must contact my nutritional therapist (Camilla Elms) should I wish to continue any specified supplement program for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission by both CEN and you the client.